MoneyGram is a leading global payment services company. We provide people and businesses with affordable, reliable and convenient payment services. Our MoneyGram brand is recognized throughout the world, and we are committed to bringing greater control and choice to our customers.
The diverse array of products and services we offer enables consumers - most of who are not fully served by traditional financial institutions - to make payments and transfer money around the world, helping them meet the financial demands of their daily lives.
Our payment services also help businesses operate more efficiently and cost effectively. We offer our products and services to consumers and businesses through a worldwide network of agents and financial institution customers.
Global Money Transfer
- MoneyGram Money Transfer
Our global money transfer service allows consumers to send and receive money worldwide, primarily through a global network of third-party agents that use our money transfer systems. In most locations, we offer “multi-currency” payout where consumers choose to collect funds in local currency, United States dollars or euros. In addition to person-to-person (also known as cash-to-cash), customers have alternatives in money transfer delivery channels such as direct-to-account, ATMs and kiosks for deposit and cash receive, cash-to-a mobile phone and cash-to-card.
- MoneyGram Bill Payments Services
An estimated 20 percent of U.S. households are unbanked, or 22.2 million families without a bank account. Additionally, 19.4 percent are considered under-banked, representing an additional 22 million families. It's evident based on this research that consumers are still very much in need of cash payment alternatives. Therefore, MoneyGram offers ExpressPayment® service, prepaid services and utility bill payments.
Our bill payment services allow consumers to make urgent payments or pay routine bills through our network to certain creditors (“billers”). We maintain relationships with billers in key industries which include the credit card, mortgage, auto finance, telecommunications, corrections, satellite, prepaid card and collections industries. MoneyGram’s bill payment service also allows customers to make low-cost, in-person payments of non-urgent utility bills for credit to a biller, typically within two-to-three days. Bill payment services also enable consumers to load and reload prepaid debit cards.
Financial Paper Products
- Money Order
MoneyGram is the second largest money order supplier. Money orders can be purchased at a vast nationwide network of retail and financial institution locations across the United States.
- Official Checks
We offer Official Check Outsource Services which are available to financial institutions in the United States through our PrimeLink® service. Official checks are used by consumers where a payee requires a check drawn on a bank and by financial institutions to pay their own obligations.
Recent Business Highlights
- Announced the expansion into Mexico of our successful cash-to-Visa account program. Consumers can visit any of the 35,000 MoneyGram locations in the U.S. to send funds directly to the Visa accounts of recipients in Mexico.
- Launched our service with Sberbank, Russia's largest and oldest bank, where MoneyGram's valued money transfer system is now available for consumers to send and receive money at 8,000 branch locations across the world's third-largest remittance market.
- Created a partnership with Valora of Switzerland, the country's largest retailer, significantly expanding MoneyGram's presence in this important send market. The service will initially be offered in more than 500 kiosk locations this year and a total of 1,000 in 2012, making MoneyGram the leading provider of international money transfer services in Switzerland.
- Entered into an agreement with Movistar Remesas, a division of Spanish telecommunications giant Telefonica. Through the strategic agreement, Movistar Remesas now offers its 1,500 independently owned retail locations the opportunity to provide MoneyGram's services to its consumers across Spain.
- Strengthened our partnership with Societe Generale through an expanded agreement that offers MoneyGram services through Societe Generale's international retail banking network in 37 countries. The global agreement is an extension of the two companies' successful partnership in Albania, Ghana, Russia, Mayotte and Reunion.
- Expanded MoneyGram's presence in Japan through a new agreement with SBI Remit Co. Ltd. This service, launched in December 2010, enables SBI customers to send and receive funds online, by depositing money into customer's account with SBI Remit via ATMs, and through kiosks in convenience stores.
- Initiated the roll out of a unique self-service money transfer solution through kiosks in Australia. This service will be available in 400 7-Eleven convenience stores in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, tripling MoneyGram's network in Australia when fully rolled out.